Why not create a purse card for Mom, Sister, Daughter, or BFF!
1. Adhere DSP to front of an A2 card base (8.5" x 5.5", scored at 4.25").
2. Place a ‘tic’ mark 1/2” from side of card base (on fold) and using paper trimmer cut from the tic mark to outside bottom point; repeat for opposite edge. Round the bottom corners. This creates purse.
2. Fold diecut Top Note in half lengthwise; place Scotch tape over the under side center fold for added strength. If desired, snip off two side points of Top Note. This creates flap.
3. Add adhesive close to center fold (backside) on lower half of flap (will be on front of purse), leaving bottom of flap open.
Adhere three Dimensionals to underside of flap (front). This creates dimension to card front and more realistic look to purse. Turn card over and flip the flap open so you can see the underneath of flap. Set aside.
1. Score diecut circle in half, and fold. Cut halfway across ONE of the halves. This allows placement of D-rings. Slide a D-ring onto each of the cut half, making sure flat part of ring is on outside of handle. Add Sticky Strip or Tear-n-Tape to cut side of handle and adhere handle together, matching the cut center and outside edges. Set aside.
2. Cut two 3” x 1/2” strips from cardstock to match handle. This creates the tabs for connecting handle to purse. Rub between index finger and thumb to break down paper fibers and fold in half. (This precludes any paper ‘cracking.’)
3. Add Tear-n-Tape on each outside edge (away from fold) as well as one inside edge (away from fold). Slip each tab through a D-ring, remove INSIDE liner from Tear-n-Tap, and fold over to match edges. This completes the handle.
4. Temporarily lay handle on back of purse with tabs toward fold of purse. Mark cutting lines for tab insertion, and cut on lines. CUT ONLY THE FLAP (not the purse!) Insert handle through TOP of flap and adhere in place.
5. Add embellishment.
1. Lay purse on white cardstock and trace around it.
2. Cut 1/4” inside of traced image. Round bottom corners.
3. Adhere to inside of card. Stamp or write message.